Homeowners – NCC Habitat is always looking for families needing decent, affordable housing to help keep their family safe, healthy and strong. With each family added our Habitat family grows. We have a strong relationship with our families beginning with the qualification phase, then throughout the construction process and sweat equity work. Even after closing on their new home, we will keep them informed about what is going on in our affiliate and ways they can be a part of our mission. Becoming a Habitat family can be a 12-18 month journey, depending on a family’s financial situation. Families that qualify for our homes will be paired with a mentor to help them assimilate and understand the Habitat organization, and take the steps necessary to homeownership. Families that don’t qualify immediately will be given a plan of action to work towards gaining qualification. All families will attend our Family Seminar and learn about our Habitat Homeownership Program. Getting acquainted with Habitat and how we can partner together is an exciting time.
- Our Homeowners
- Home Buyers FAQ's
- Where We Build
- Sweat Equity Hours
- Application process
- Community Outreach
Do you have a need for decent housing? Are you working and have the ability to pay bills? Are you willing to partner with us? If you said yes, consider applying for a Habitat for Humanity home and starting your journey toward home ownership. Benefits of Habitat Homeownership for our Families
- Zero equivalent interest on mortgage
- Low monthly payments
- Attractive, well-constructed homes
- Brand new appliances
- Energy efficient homes with low utility costs
- Built to meet the family’s size needs’s size needs
Please go to the Applicants tab
Are you interested in purchasing your first home through NCC Habitat for Humanity? We are looking for qualified homebuyers to build and purchase homes through our program. Qualifications Do you qualify for a Habitat Home?
- Are you a U.S. citizen or a permanent legal resident of the U.S.?
- Have you lived or worked in North Collin County Texas for at least the last month? North Collin County communities include Anna, Blueridge, Celina, Farmersville, Frisco, McKinney, Melissa, Princeton, Prosper, Westminster, and Weston.
- Does your income fall between 30% – 60% of the area median income levels before taxes for our area, depending on the size of your family?
Expectations of Homebuyers
- Invest 300 to 500 hours of sweat equity hours (Link to sweat equity detail)
- Attend our Family Seminar
- Follow through on their financial goals toward homeownership
- Make timely payments
- Maintain the home
- Continue to be a witness for Habitat
NCC Habitat serves the communities of North Collin County. These areas include Anna, Blueridge, Celina, Farmersville, Frisco, McKinney, Melissa, Princeton, Prosper, Westminster, and Weston.
Sweat Equity Hours Sweat equity is the term we use to describe the time a homebuyer volunteers. Each NCC Habitat homebuyer is required to complete between 300 to 500 sweat equity hours before a family closes and moves into the house. Of the total hours required, up to 50 hours may be completed by friends and family. How Do I Earn Sweat Equity Hours?
- Work in the NCC Habitat ReStore.
- Help build a NCC Habitat home on a scheduled build day.
- Act as an Ambassador for our program and attend community outreach events.
All sweat equity must be properly recorded and submitted to the Family Services department.
Step 1: Complete Application Complete the Prequalification Application which is available at the Habitat office. We are located at 2060 Couch Drive in McKinney, TX 75069. A sexual offender criminal background check and a credit check will be conducted for the applicant. Step 2: Family Seminar Applicants will be invited to attend a Family Seminar to find out more information about Habitat Homeownership Programs. Step 3: Gather Required Documentation Applicants will gather the required documents for consideration of their application. Documents should be given to the Family Programs staff member. Once all documents have been submitted, the application will be reviewed by Habitat staff.
Spread the word about Habitat homes. We are always looking for partner families needing decent, affordable housing. Contact us if you know of someone or an organization that we might share our story with to spread the word about our programs.