Restore Donation Repairs and Maintenance Tech
North Collin County Habitat for Humanity
Position: Restore Donation Repairs and Facilities Maintenance Tech
Reports to: Assistant Restore Manager/ ReStore Manager
Summary: Assists in providing customers and donors with courteous, convenient, and prompt donation assistance in the drop off location. Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; Lawn Maintenance, HVAC Filter Maintenance etc.); perform general cleaning. Perform other tasks as assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Must support and/or adhere to…
- Core Values and Principles
- Employee Handbook
- Strategic Plan
- Operations Plan
- Job Description
- Job Goals
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets and unclogging of drains.
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, building construction and framing etc.).
- Reconfigure, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporation coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers and rollers)
- Perform lawn maintenance, vehicle maintenance and logs, HVAC Filter maintenance and maintain all equipment necessary to accomplish each task.
- Order parts and maintain required documents.
- Personally provides customers and donors with knowledgeable, courteous, and prompt service at all times.
- Assist in the Donation area with receiving donations items.
- Determines whether items are suitable for donation using “A Simple Guide” screening guidelines.
- Fills donation slips with donor’s complete contact information and brief yet thorough description of items to be donated.
- Provides volunteers with meaningful volunteer experience.
- Assists other staff members when needed.
- Attends required staff meetings
- Using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Maintain property maintenance checklist
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Have a valid Texas Drivers License
- Spanish language skills helpful, but not required.
- Must be able to lift up to 55Ibs unassisted and 56lbs and over with assistance, stand, squat, bend, climb ladder, use hand/power tools, and climb in/out of truck.
- Ability to work in heat and cold
- Good physical stamina
Position is a Full Time and works Tuesday through Saturday. Evening and weekend work is required. It is a non- exempt position. Conditions and benefits are contained in the board approved Employee Policies and Procedures Manual.